.

.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Memory Lane

Take a walk with me, will you?  Let's go down that familiar road called Memory Lane and see what we can find.  I bet it's one cute baby with so many rolls and lots of baby giggles!

Awwwww!  Caroline was exactly a month old in that picture.  I guess she wanted Daddy to read her a bedtime story.

Sweet angel baby just snoozing away...

Remember her lamb?  She loved a good staring contest.  Still does!

Fatty baby!  She had napped on me for a few hours.  Those were my favorite times with her!

Pretty girl!

Haha! She did not want to be looked at while she was sleeping.

Baby burrito before...

Baby burrito after!

She still wakes up like that. Except now she has more hair.  Thank goodness!

Dreaming about eating!

She's changed her mind about bikinis.  She loves them now!

Oh, sweet Jesus.  She was a fat baby!

Caroline's first bow!  Bow was her first word. 

Piggy!  That reminds me...I need to get her a costume for this Halloween.

Six months old!



Thank you for indulging my need for nostalgia.  She's growing up so fast that I sometimes forget to slow down and appreciate every moment with my little baby girl.  Well, maybe not little...

Caroline now has a whopping 7 teeth and is currently working on breaking 3 more.  It's tradition for her to get really sick when she has a new tooth coming in, so she had a nasty cold and got a bottom tooth the next day.  She's almost 30 pounds and 35 inches.  She has been eating more than me during dinner lately, so I have a feeling she'll meet that 30 pound mark pretty soon.  She tends to pack on the pounds right before she hits a growth spurt.  I'm not complaining!  I need her little legs to grow so that she can fit into some adorable fall outfits that await her. 

She's getting more "girly girl" by the hour.  She now chooses her outfits in the morning and which accessories she needs to go check the mail with.  You never know who you're going to run into, right?  She really enjoys helping Luc and I do yard work, especially watering the plants.  Her new fascination is water.  She's perfectly content playing in my bathtub with a little stream of water running.  Caroline moves from the tub to my jewelry box to the closet while I get ready in the morning.  The bathroom is a wet mess by the time she's done, but she has such a great time helping me get ready.  She LOVES Mickey and Minnie and puppies.  My sister moved in one street over from us, so we go visit her pup-pup daily.  I've had to chase Caroline down the street a couple of times as she makes a break towards Meghan's house to see "pup-pup".  Her latest and greatest new thing to do is give kisses!  It's adorable and heart melting.  I love her!

Things have been crazy around the Smith house as of late.  We are gearing up for a busy, busy fall and what will hopefully be a more relaxed spring.  For those of you who might be living under a rock, football season has started which means frequent road trips to College Station and beyond.  Our first home game was this past weekend and Luc and I went for the day.  The weather was perfect and although the game was less than great, we had a good ol' time.  I can't wait to bring Caroline with us in a few short weeks.  I think she'll appreciate it more this year.  I'm working on making her a new Aggie outfit.  I'll be sure to take pictures of our little Aggie fan in action.

We're hosting a shower for Meghan and Rusty this weekend, which should include lots of Cajuns from Louisiana. We are looking forward to seeing family and friends!  Luc is taking a trip to Oxford, Mississippi for the A&M-Ole Miss game.  I told him to be careful of those Rebel fans, but he insists they (friends) know what they are doing.  We'll see.  He'll miss our annual National Night Out block party, but I'm sure we'll have fun without him.  Meghan and Rusty get married a month from today, so we're super busy getting ready for that.  I can't wait!  Let's hope our little flower girl makes it down the aisle without melting down. 

October wraps up with Halloween parties and a baby shower here a few days after.  Thanksgiving will be here before we know it.  This year will be especially fun because we're hosting Luc's family for the week.  It's going to be a great time.  I hope his mom, aunts and grandmother are saving their nickles for me to win!  ;)


Trying to take her stuffed puppy for a walk.  She was upset he wasn't moving.

We were at my friend's house and she saw those shoes...she took off her pink ones and walked around in the heels.  She was upset that they wouldn't stay on her feet!

She was so excited to see her Dada when he got back from a guys' weekend.

Morning accessorizing



Just checking the mail. With her purse, sunglasses and hat.

She loves to eat whole apples! It cracks me up!

She was trying to straighten her hair.  Don't worry - it was turned off.

Again with the glasses.

She loves driving!

Caroline taking our neighbors' dog for a walk.

Dada teaching her how to clean! 


Typical morning.  She grabs two of my shirts and puts them on, then heads for the jewelry.




1 comment: