Happy Father's Day to all the grandfathers, fathers, and fathers to be! Thanks for all you do!
Luc's first Father's Day was spent enjoying food (I cooked 3 meals!), fried turf, and family.
I attempted my first Pioneer Woman recipes today. I'm so impressed! The mashed potatoes were some of the best I've ever made and the steak was delicious. I only wish there was more time to make her chocolate pie...maybe another day...
Poor Luc...this Texas drought is just killing his grass. Between the brown spots and the Bermuda grass that is trying to invade our yard, he's in a constant struggle to keep the HOA away. I must say, though, for someone who hasn't had a lot of yard experience, he's very good at it! Our lawn is one of the nicest on the block and it's all thanks to good ol' daddy. And his tools. He's got lots of tools. Come over and he'll show them to you. He tried to hang and display them today but I put a stop to the hammering because the garage wall is also C's wall. No need to wake the beast...especially not today. For the daughter of 2 people who love to sleep, she is hell bent on breaking that family tradition...
Speaking of family traditions, we look Caroline swimming today! Our neighborhood has a fantastic pool system that we were itching to try out. I'm so glad we did! C loved the water and her adorable swim attire. We were only there for 15 minutes, but it was 15 minutes well spent. Here are some pictures of our family outing:
We had every intention of bathing her right when we got home, but she had other plans. Luc laid her down to change her and she was asleep before he grabbed a new diaper. So we let her sleep. And she did. For 20 minutes...lil' stinker.
I hope all the dads out there had a great day! I can't wait to see what next Father's Day brings us!
No comments:
Post a Comment