.

.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This little piggy went to market...

Caroline's Halloween costume came in the mail today, just before lunch time.  I couldn't wait to try it on her!! Wishcraft has the cutest costumes.  I had been eyeing the duck and piggy costume for months now.  The piggy costume won!   It comes with pink tights and a pink turtleneck to wear if the weather is cold, but given that it's 101 today, I don't think she'll need the added warmth.  Here are some pictures of our little piggy:



She could not stop chewing on the bow.  I guess it tasted yummy!


Such a beautiful little piggy!


"Mommy.  Tell me, how cute am I?"


The lil' stinker gets serious when the camera is pointed at her.  I have to hold the camera at my waist in order to get her to smile.  I get the smiles, but not the top of her head...



We've been super busy lately.  About 3 weeks ago, Lucas came down with a nasty cold.  He gave it to sweet Caroline and she gave it to me!  We were sick for about 2 weeks.  After listening to Caroline sneeze and cough and ache for 10 days, I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing sadder than a sick baby.  It broke my heart!  She couldn't breathe, which means she couldn't eat, which means she was miserable.  We relied on Vick's vapor rub and a humidifier for congestion relief.  Decongestants can't be given to babies until they are TWO YEARS OLD (I know, I know...how did we survive as children!), so nose suctioning became a routine thing in the Smith house.  It's so nasty, but I've discovered that my stomach is stronger than Luc's.  He couldn't handle it! 

Thankfully, we're all operating at 100% now.  Here's a picture of Caroline on Sunday morning.  She was feeling mischievous.  We were talking to her about how little ladies should act in church.  I don't think she was listening...


Here's a picture of Caroline during church.  You'll notice we're sitting in the car:


She started fussing after the Liturgy of the Word, so I took her to the cry room only to discover the cry room was packed.  She was acting like she was hungry, so the only place to feed her was in the car.  Such. A. Stinker.  Look at that face!  As Rusty put it, "that's the face of a baby who loves it when a plan comes together!".  So true, Rusty, so true.


We spent the rest of the day shopping for furniture and playing with Caroline.  We're trying to finish decorating the house in preparation for her Baptism and a baby shower for our friends Ben and Tammy.  I hope I have it finished by then!


Daddy showing Caroline some dance moves.


She loves dancing with her Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment