.

.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

4 Months of Fun!

Happy 4 Months, Caroline!

Monday marked Caroline's 4th month in our lives.  She's been a blessing, the biggest blessing, we could have asked for.  We took her for her well baby check-up (and shots!) this morning and everything looks great.  Dr. S said we can start giving her cereal, baby food and juice.  Caroline is VERY excited about that news.  She also told us that Caroline is measuring in the 99.26% for weight...wowza!  At 17lbs, 4 ounces, I guess she's considered a big baby.  The girl loves to eat!

There haven't been many changes from her 3 month milestones, but she can:

Stand! She loves standing while we hold her hands.  Lord knows she's got the thighs to keep her upright!

Giggle and laugh, particularly at my dad.

Blow bubbles, lots and lots of bubbles. 

Swing.  She LOVES the swing.  We used to walk to the park to swing, but it's August and too hot to walk so we bought one for the back porch.  You can now find us on the back porch from 7:00-8:00 nightly.  It's pretty much the only thing that makes her happy during "the witching hour". 

Caroline loves the Food Network, especially Ina Garten. Who doesn't love the Barefoot Contessa?  Her voice is so soothing, I think that's why Caroline loves it so much.  She also loves Days of Our Lives but I think I'm going to break her of that bad habit before she gets in too deep (like her momma).

Here are some pictures from her 4 month birthday, with commentary by Caroline.

"Hey, Mom! How about some more belly kisses? I love those!"


"Oh, this puppy. I like this puppy. But I like eating even more." 

 "I've got Dunlap. My belly dun lapped over my diaper!"

 "I know, I know. My eyes are gorgeous."

"Paddington! I love him!" 


"Hmmm.  Not sure what to think about this doll.  She's pretty cute.  I'm supposed to be the cute one!" 


"Oh, doll.  You tell such good stories.  I'm glad we're friends."


"I'm going to show Paddy my cool Blowing Bubbles trick.  I think he likes it!" 


"Listen, Paddy, I know I said I wasn't going to eat you...but..." 


"I'm hungry! A girl's gotta eat!" 

My mom (Grammy) told Caroline that she's got some unshapely legs.  I told her that they've got a shape - large and dimply!



"Oh, Mom.  That was rough.  Three diaper changes and a bear snack.  I'm ready for a nap!"

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh! She makes me happy and I actually LOL! When I tell horror stories of may may's skills when babysitting...people say "Makes you wanna wait huh.." Or "babysitting is great birth control". All I have to say...Nope!! Caroline just makes me want babies! She's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your captions made me laugh! She's soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete