.

.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

I need a vacation from my vacation!

You know that popular saying, "I need a vacation from my vacation."?  I didn't truly appreciate that phrase until taking a beach trip with a 3 month old.  Have you ever tried it?   I don't recommend it.  It's not that bad...it's just a whole lot of work!

We just returned from a trip with my family to Orange Beach, AL.  We've been going to Orange Beach for years because of its great location and beautiful beaches.  It's a 4 hour drive from Baton Rouge and has the same beautiful sand and water that Destin boasts, only closer.  I appreciate it more as an adult because of it's proximity to the (in)famous Florabama.  The Florabama is a large bar that sits on the AL/FL state line, hence the name.  It's a quirky place with plywood walls and cold beer, good music and lots of out-of-towners.  I'm convinced Caroline would have enjoyed it, had she been old enough!

I wish I could say Caroline enjoyed the beach, but I'm afraid to admit she didn't.  I LOVE the beach, Luc is not a fan.  I'm pretty sure she sides with her dad on the "Beach vs. Mountains" debate.  Don't worry, Caroline, there will be plenty of time to change your mind!  If not, I'm totally fine with split family vacations...or bribing her...

Here are some pictures from the trip:


Caroline's first time on the beach.  She already looks scared.


Yep, she was scared!  She didn't like the ocean water very much.  Or the sand.  Or the heat.




She didn't like the pool, either!  I think she was a tired baby.








Our first attempt at getting a family picture on a timer.  I think it's funny...we all look like we're singing.



My parents and their grandbabies!



Grammy and her grandbabies.  


Success!  Great picture!


Someone was a little tired after taking so many pictures.  It was me.  And Caroline!




Daddy is so strong!  It takes big muscles to carry around such a rolly polly!


Despite the fussy baby, we had a great time.  It was so nice to spend time with my family and play with James and Matt.  I can't believe how big they are!  Matt just turned 4 and James is about to be 6...and a Kindergartner.  He was once a beautiful rolly polly baby, too...where did the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment