.

.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Naughty Nine Months

Happy 9 Months, Caroline!

I know I've mentioned it in the previous posts, but I can't believe I have a 9 month old!  So much has changed in the past month that it seems like more than just 4 weeks have passed. 

At 9 months, Caroline is:

Trying to climb out of her crib.  She uses the bumper pads to pull herself up to the top and then she hangs there as she yells for us.  We lowered her mattress to remedy that situation (the climbing, not the yelling).



Saying "DaDa" and "MaMa"!!!  She associates bath time with DaDa since Luc gives her baths.  He was in New Orleans this past weekend so I bathed her...she chanted DaDa the entire time.  She missed her Daddy!  I'm teaching her that I'm MaMa, but that might take a little more time.  She's got other sounds that she babbles but none are as important as DaDa and MaMa.

Speaking of bath time, we transitioned her out of her baby tub and into the big girl tub.  She loves it!  She has so much room to splash and play.  With no fear of the water, she throws herself back and tries to swim.  Looks like I'll be teaching her swim lessons come June!



Shaking her head "no" when refusing something.  She used to shake it for fun, but now she knows what it means.  The little stinker shakes her head when I sing.  I tell myself that she loves my singing, but I fear she does not!  She loves to shake her head around nap time.  She has decided that since she's a big girl now she doesn't have to take morning naps.  Sorry, Caroline, that's a fight you're not going to win!



Feeding herself real food.  She still has the occasional baby food, but she really loves table food.  Her current favorite is lunch meat, cheese, and torn up bread.  She LOVES turkey.  We took her to Mission Burrito today (my personal favorite!) and she loved her baby burrito bowl.  Chicken, cheese, rice and beans!  Yum!  She couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough:



She is moving from the army crawl to a real crawl.  She gets up on her hands and knees but then decides it's too much work and falls.  Dr. Smoot told us this was going to happen - her big baby belly is too heavy for her to crawl.  She has no desire to walk.  She can stand with assistance well, but refuses to move her baby feet.  I can tell she's frustrated and wants to be more mobile.  I hope she decides to crawl soon because frustration = whiny baby.

I think her lactose sensitivity is getting better.  She gets soy based formula every now and then, but I switched her to regular formula and she's doing great!  Thank goodness...I was worried that she wasn't going to be able to drink milk by her first birthday. 

She's out of 12 months clothing and into 18 months.  The 12 months are too short in the stride.  I hope her summer bubbles fit by the time hot weather rolls around...

She has 4 teeth that are about to break the gum line.  I can see the outline of her bottom 2 and top 2 teeth just underneath the surface.  Yeah!  I hope they break before Luc and I leave for Las Vegas. 

Here are her 9 month photos.  She wouldn't cooperate...at all!














Congratulations to the Patriots on their win today!  Lucas is obviously very excited, can't you tell?  He had just gotten back from New Orleans so he was a little worn out. 


Luc and I are headed to Las Vegas on Saturday for a wedding.  Yeah!  I love Las Vegas, in particular, the Wheel of Fortune slot machines.  Aside from gambling and drinking more than a few beers, we are going to see O on Sunday at the Bellagio.  I've never been to a Vegas show and I'm excited that O will be my first.  I've heard great things about it.  Although I'm so excited to spend some quality time with my husband, I'm so sad to leave Caroline for a few days!  I've never been away from her for more than 8 hours, so 72 might be a little rough.  Thanks to Mom and Dad for babysitting! 

We see Dr. Smoot tomorrow for shots and well baby check.  I'll post a height/weight update tomorrow afternoon.  My guess is 29 inches/25 pounds.  Big baby! 

2 comments:

  1. Could she look any more like Luc???? Sheesh!!
    She is absolutely darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Katie! Caroline is such a sweetie :) You two have fun in Vegas, yea!!!

    ReplyDelete