.

.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

One Year Wonder

Caroline is one! I can't believe my little bitty baby is a year old.  It seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital.  Where did the time go?  It's been a year of tickles and hugs, laughter and kisses...I wouldn't trade it for the world! 

At 12 months, Caroline is:

- crawling on her hands and knees, finally!  She has no desire to walk.  She received push toys for her birthday, which she loves, so I'm hoping those will encourage her to walk soon. I'm so ready for her to romp around with her friends AND to move up to the toddler area at the gym's daycare.

- goes up stairs like a pro!  Luc installed a baby gate yesterday because she bolts for the stairs every chance she gets.  It's funny - now that the gate it up, she no longer looks at the stairs.  She totally lost interest now that her access is blocked.

- drinks whole milk.  Big girl! 

- eats whatever we eat.  She LOVED the pot roast I made last night.  In fact, she said "eat" for the first time when asking for more.

- talks, talks, talks.  She says Dada, Mama, juice, eat, nighnigh and bye. 

- trying to switch to one nap a day.  It's HARD!  She'll take 1 nap one day and 2 the next.  I think her little body is still adjusting.  I'm ok with 1 nap as long as it's long and she goes to bed early.

- playing alongside her friends at our Tuesday play dates.  She loves her friends!

Her 1 year stats came with a round of 4 shots and a finger prick...yuck! 
Weight: 25lbs 14 oz.  Off the charts.
Height: 30.5 inches, finally on the charts at 85%
Head circumference: I can't remember, but it's off the charts as well.

Here are some pictures of Caroline's life as a 1 year old:
Rough day in the jogging stroller.  She woke up when she smelled the swings.

This was a particularly fun day.  Not.  She was all kinds of sassy from sun up til sun down.

I was brushing my teeth and letting the shower warm up...I forgot to close the shower door!  She was soaking wet, but happy.


Minnie Mouse car! So cute.

"Grammy! Come get me!"

Throwing a fit about something.  I need to nip her fits in the bud ASAP!


Kisses! Birthday Dinner and 5 Guys.  She loves their grilled cheese.

Hot stuff on her new bike.  She LOVES it.

On the bike, again.  She had to taker her new puppy for a ride.

Swimming with her pal, Maddie.


"Mom! Can you please bring me my juice?"

Waiting for a turn on the slide. Look at that tushie!

She was trying to go up the slide so that she could go back down.  This was right before an epic meltdown.  I'll blame it on the 5 shots she got this morning and not the fact that she's getting older!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of her faces! I think you guys might be in some trouble with all of that sass! :)

    ReplyDelete