As I was checking my Ellie countdown calendar this morning, I noticed that Caroline's birthday is exactly 2 weeks from today. I can't believe our sassy pants will be hitting that major milestone in 14 short days. She's been a wild mix of love and temper lately, with a large dose of sweetness mixed in. Caroline will do and say the craziest things that'll leave your jaw on the floor. For example, this morning she woke up insisting on wearing her Dora shirt. Mind you, the first thing on her mind is usually milk and Mickey, but for some reason today was going to start differently. I told her that her beloved shirt was dirty, so she walked over to her hamper, dug it out and proceeded to bring it to the washing machine. Bound and determined? I think so! It's still in the washer because I was able to divert her attention elsewhere, but I'm sure she'll remember it later and want to use it as an afternoon outfit.
Speaking of outfits, you should see all of the adorableness that graces our mailbox on an almost daily basis (Sorry, Luc!). I *might* have gone slightly overboard on the whole sister outfits thing. Let's just say that Caroline and Ellie will have a fun summer looking like the cute sisters they are. Thanks to my Mom and the Facebook smocking sites, our girls are prepared for just about anything. Now, if I could just get in gear and put it all away before Ellie gets here!
I'm a couple of days short of 35 weeks, but I feel like I'm 45 weeks pregnant. I have Braxton Hicks from about 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm on a daily basis, spattered with a few real contractions between. I'm starting my weekly OB visits tomorrow and I think she's going to begin doing weekly ultrasounds to check Ellie's size. Not because she's tiny, but because she's HUGE! My belly has grown considerably over the past few weeks and there's a slight concern that Ellie is going to be like James - almost 11 pounds at birth. Don't worry - I won't let it get that far. I'm not giving birth to a linebacker! Although Ellie's due date is May 15, I'm hoping to make it to the end of April. I'd love for them not to have the same birthday!
I'm going to do my best to slow down with the nesting in hopes that the contractions stop. Who knew scrubbing grout isn't a good thing? I can't possibly bring home a newborn to a kitchen with dirty grout! Or a porch covered with pollen! Or a room that isn't perfectly finished...because, you know, newborns will remember those things. I still think nesting is God's cruel joke on pregnant women. He gives you the urge to make everything perfect, yet bestows on you a giant belly and the energy of a tree sloth. It's just mean! Thank goodness for husbands. And two year olds that are pretty good with a Swiffer.
Here are some pictures that sum up our lives lately:
 |
| Sassy pants! I just love that face. This photo captures our typical morning - snuggles, coffee and Mickey. |
 |
| She loves ice cream, so it's no surprise that she loved Tutti Frutti. |
 |
| This slightly scary photo is a picture I took of our monitor. I might look like she's screaming, but she is actually singing at the the top of her lungs...instead of taking a nap. |
 |
| Luc and Caroline enjoying the train ride at our community Easter event. I missed this fun affair due to an even more fun trip to Louisiana! |
 |
| Our one and only Easter picture. I took this one to show my mom the dress Caroline has on - it's the same one I wore to Easter when I was her age. It's still in perfect condition and just as adorable. Why no family pics from Easter Sunday, you ask? Because C decided to vomit all over this pretty dress and mine about 20 minutes after this picture was taken. Isn't she a sweetheart? |
 |
| Silly Caroline! |
 |
| Caroline was just SO upset that Matt and James were leaving after spending all of Spring Break with them. She LOVES those 2 boys! |
 |
| Snuggles on a Sunday morning. I just love spending those sweet moments with her. |
 |
| Luc and I took Caroline to the rodeo! That's my sweet friend, Sarah, showing Caroline a massive bunny. Katy and west Houston friends - Sarah is a personal trainer who will come to your house to kick your butt into shape. She's amazing! I highly recommend her! |
 |
| C wanted NOTHING to do with that fake sheep. Nothing. |
 |
| When you ask her to smile for the camera, this is what you get. So charming. |
 |
| My fun trip to Louisiana was to say goodbye to my PaPa's earthly remains. This is a picture of Rockefeller Reserve in way way South Louisiana. The entire Maher clan met for the weekend and we had the greatest time saying goodbye to the ashes of 2 great men - my PaPa and Uncle Danny. This spot holds a very special place in the hearts of our family because of all the good memories it holds. |
 |
| Me and my 2 favorite boys at Rockefeller. |
 |
| Uncle Mike (dad's oldest brother) and Aunt Joy (wife of Danny, dad's younger brother) saying a few works after the ceremony. Uncle Mike gave the sweetest speech! It was so good that the gators came to listen (just right of Uncle Mike's elbow). He has such a way with words, which is probably a good thing being that he's a college dean... |
|
|
 |
| Our attempt that bluebonnet pictures. Caroline wanted NOTHING to do with this, as you can see from her refusal to put her feet down. She might have gotten spooked by all of the bees? Maybe? Or it could have been the ants. |
 |
| Buddies. |
No comments:
Post a Comment