.

.

Monday, September 16, 2013

My Fair Baby

Ellie turned 4 months old on Friday...the 13th! She got 2 shots and a clean bill of health from Dr. S. Other than a little bit of eczema, she's a healthy girl. Ellie's super fair skin is very pretty but it is very, very sensitive. She can't be out in the heat for more than a few minutes and you can FORGET about direct sunlight. I swear she's the undiscovered member of the Cullen Family. But instead of shining like a diamond, she breaks out in a rash that takes a week and a tube of hydrocortisone 2.5% to heal. Maybe this means she's got some Maher in her? Maybe, just maybe, she'll look like me? I'm so excited to have someone to avoid the sun with, but something tells me Texas summers will be hard on her. I really need to look into opening an indoor playground ASAP. Ha!

Side note - I don't think I will ever take both girls to the doctor at the same time again. Here are some highlights from our hour long visit:
- Ellie filling her diaper as soon as we get into the room. The diaper leaked on the table so I had to change the super loud paper.
- Caroline decided she had to potty not once, but twice. And of course she couldn't have done it during the 30 minutes we waited prior to the doc coming in. There should be a YouTube video on how to help a 2 year old potty in a public restroom while holding a nearly naked 4 month old. There should also be a medal for accomplishing that feat. (and by medal I mean wine)
- Caroline pulling a bag of super sugar cookies out of the diaper bag. And opening them like she's been eating them every day for a year.
- Caroline pulling 3 lollipops out of the diaper bag, then asking for each one by flavor.
- Caroline pulling tampons out of the diaper bag.
- Caroline emptying a bottle of hand sanitizer on the floor while I was talking to the doc about Ellie.
- Caroline being diagnosed with a super nasty double ear infection that had been there for a while.

I almost asked for my Mother of the Year award when I walked out, but decided to save that for another day.

At 4 months, Ellie is a long 27.5 inches and a lean 16 lbs. She's high 90s for height and low 80s for weight. Caroline was the exact opposite weighing 1.2 lbs more but 2 inches shorter (as evident in the pictures below).  She will take a bottle if forced to and is able to go a little longer than 3 hours between feedings. She is trying to wean herself down to 2 naps from 3 and is sleeping about 12 hours a night. That's probably my favorite thing about 4 months - sleeping through the night is heavenly! She can roll both ways and really enjoys sitting in her Bumbo chair. Caroline is playing with her more and more each day and likes to make sure Ellie always has a toy. Ellie LOVES her big sister! Unlike big sister, I'm going to hold off giving her baby food for now. Doc said it's fine to wait until 6 months but if she starts wanting to eat more frequently I can try and feed her baby food a couple of times a day.

The best part about Ellie is that she's a lap baby. She is happiest when sitting on a lap. Mine, Mom's, Luc's, Caroline's, etc. She just loves to sit and suck her thumb. Ellie is so laid back and it makes loving her that much easier. She's such a honey!

Here are some pictures of our lap baby:



Long legged lap baby!


Notice that she blends in with her white outfit. She is so fair!



Haha...look at her skin color compared to the doll's.


She normally laughs whenever she gets in front of a mirror. It wasn't working this time.

And now for some laughs...here are Caroline's 4 months pictures. She certainly did have a big personality to match her big ol' thighs!
Holy moly. I remember her being big but not that big!!!

Oh, Sweet Caroline.  She was healthy, that's for sure.


2 comments:

  1. what is that giraffe thing on your camera? now I know how those girls are always looking right at the camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Shutter Hugger! I bought it from Zulily but you can find them on Amazon as well. I turn it upside down when I need to use the flash.

      Delete