.

.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Just like Bocke


(Bocke, you ask? Bocke is the name James gave my dad years ago. James could not say Grampy correctly when he was Caroline's age. He tried, but it came out as Bocke - pronounced Bock e- It stuck! His three oldest grandkids can say Grampy but he's The Bock. And they love him!)

I've been looking for something for Caroline to do on the days she's not in school. She loved gymnastics but unfortunately none of the classes are at a time that work for us. All of the other dance or gymnastics classes in the area are mommy & me, which means I have to participate. That's a problem for two reasons. One, what do I do with Ellie while we dance? Two (and more important), I can't dance. At all. How am I supposed to keep up my perfect image in Caroline's eyes if I show her one of my major flaws? 

One of the moms in Caroline's MDO class told me about Teddy Tennis. It's tennis lessons for toddlers. I knew it was perfect for us after I spoke to Coach Sarah, who happens to be from Baton Rouge (bonus!). 

Caroline had her first lesson yesterday and couldn't be happier! They worked on moving their feet, watching the ball, using a racket, and volleying at the net. She said she's just like Bocke and can't wait to go back. We love Teddy Tennis! 

*these lessons are open to all 2/3 year olds in the area. Let me know if you want to join us! 

Here are some pictures from our first day.






No comments:

Post a Comment