.

.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Lately

(Before I forget, this blog is going to become restricted in 48 hours. That just means you'll have to send me your email address if you want to continue reading about the girls. There are all kinds of international people reading it (Hey, Russia!) and that just freaks me out a little. Please leave your email in the comment section below or email me (MrsKateSmith @ gmail dot com) and I'll add you to the list. I already have the names of the people who sent me their emails previously. Don't be shy!)



I apologize for the lack of posts lately! Life with two kids is pretty hectic, especially when they take turns being high maintenance. My days flip flop between Caroline acting like a 13 year old and Ellie needing attention for her skin, or, because she's a baby and needs a lot of TLC (which I'm glad to give her!). I've heard that the Terrible Twos are a myth but that the Terrible Threes are a definite thing. We're sliding into that phase, I'm afraid, and the inner teacher in me is about to whip up some positive reinforcement charts. Or a padded room. We'll see how much time I have between now and the next tantrum. My personal favorite almost-three moment is when she responds to a parental request with "Fiiiiiiiiinnnnnnneeeeeeee," with all of the sullen attitude of a hormonal teenager.  It's fun. Really, really fun.

On that note, I'll recap the past few weeks in pictures.  I find it easier to do that because the pictures trigger my memory...which is rapidly fading these days!

 
Ellie has persistent, awful eczema. We've seen an allergist, her pediatrician, and a dermatologist. The allergist says she's allergic to milk, eggs, wheat, dogs, cats, bananas, etc. He thinks the eczema is a result of her eating those foods. Poor baby can't eat very much, let alone drink normal/regular priced formula. (I had to stop nursing her because I tried giving up those foods but could not - I love bread!) The dermatologist and the pediatrician both think that the eczema isn't caused by the foods, but the allergies aren't helping either. They both think it'll clear up by age 2 and I just have to keep her hydrated and well lotioned up in the meantime. The dermatologist also prescribed the cream pictured above. It must be made of liquid gold because it is super expensive! I must say - it has only been 24 hours and I've already noticed a huge difference in her skin. It's clearer and she's less itchy. I'm hoping it's a combination of the hypoallergenic formula and the pricey cream. Whatever it is, I hope she'll remain clear. I hate to see that sweet baby so miserable!
 
 
Ellie's wrist after a bad outbreak. It was like this for almost a month. It's much better now after a day with the magic cream.
 
 
Poor baby! Her eyes and mouth were so red and swollen. This was after she ate potatoes. POTATOES! Who is allergic to potatoes?

 
This was after 12 hours with her new miracle lotion. I can't put it on her eyes, but the rest of her face cleared up pretty well.

 
A typical day in our house. She's got about 10 princess dresses and she rotates them on a 30 minute cycle. She's getting pretty good at putting them on by herself.  So proud! (Side note, she was definitely looking in the mirror and telling herself she was gorgeous. So proud?)
 
 
 
This was after I picked her up at school one day. Her precious teachers let her take this Snow White outfit home. They are the sweetest!
 

 
This is Luc's new hobby. I don't know that his new art medium is a good thing or a bad thing. On the one hand, the bread is so good and delightful and makes a killer grilled cheese. On the other hip, it is so good and delightful and makes a killer grilled cheese. :)

 


I hit a parked car. And my luck would have it that the estimate for the repair is a few dollars over the deductible. Ugh! Any minivan drivers out there? Do you love it? 

 
C got some cowgirl boots!!! Thanks to Target for these adorable little gems. Thanks to Grammy for that cute dress!
 

 
Here's Ellie relaxing at the park. She makes strollers look good. She also makes Casper look tan. Both girls enjoy riding in the stroller which is a good thing because I recently started the Couch to 5K program. I just finished week 3 and didn't die! Woohoo! I have some serious knee pains so I ordered new shoes. I'm looking forward to running next week when those puppies get here!

 


C went to an airplane themed birthday party. How cute is this backdrop?
 

 
Sisters. They are so good to each other. They make me so happy!
 
 
Ellie turns 9 months old in a couple of weeks. Eek! I might have forgotten to take pictures on her 7th and 8th month marks...oh well. Second child problems. I'll post more about her milestones then.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Um, so just in case I'm not on your list of devoted blog followers- add me! sgaree@gmail.com. Secondly, C looks like Matilda! I love that kid! She was so damn cute in that movie.

    Anyhow, you are one tough cookie and I am so glad to hear that dairy and all that jazz is back in your life. To give those things up is just cruel and unusual. I hope Miss E gets over her allergies soon. To miss out on potatoes should be a crime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sara.yetter@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete