.

.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ellie turns one!

Ellie Kate turned one last week and she has taken that milestone as an opportunity to explore her mischievous side. Constantly. When she's awake, I do not rest. There's no sitting. No relaxing. It takes everything in me (and Caroline!) to keep her from harming herself. I'm thinking about investing in a baby helmet for her, or seeing what I can do about recruiting a few more guardian angels to watch over her. 

She checked out perfectly at her one year appointment, measuring the same height (30.5 in) as Caroline did at the same age, but weighing a tiny 5 pounds less! It's no wonder C's clothes are falling off of her. Her allergies are getting better and her skin is looking much clearer. We switched from the $300 lotion to a much cheaper $200 one (haha), and started using CeraVe instead of Aquaphor. I'm hoping the harsh Texas summer isn't going to undo the work I've invested in her skin. I'm already dreading chlorine mixed with sunshine. I can only imagine what she'll look like come August. 

At a year old, Ellie is crawling as quick as a mouse. She loves to pull up on anything she can, including my legs or the legs of the chair I'm sitting in while eating, and then pulling herself on top of that object. She really enjoys throwing herself backwards off of the highest object she can climb...hence the need for a helmet! Her favorite perch is the coffee table and has recently discovered that she can climb the ladder and slide on the swing set. She loves to watch Caroline and copy everything she does. I think it'll be a while before she starts walking. Her legs are so tiny, I'm not sure how they are going to hold the rest of her body up!

Here are some pictures of what we've been up to lately:

Lucas loves to laugh when I tell him that I really, really enjoying going to lunch by myself. This is why. My lunch usually ends with little fingers in my food and a tiny hiney on my lap. Side note - shopping for a maternity swim suit is as fun as going to the DPS.

I asked Caroline to find some shoes and get ready to go to HEB. These are the shoes she chose.

Sassy faces first thing in the morning! This is usually an indicator of how my day is going to progress.

I can't turn my back for a second. She loves to climb.

She calculated the easiest way to get on the couch. Trampoline to air mattress to couch.

Ellie is not a fan of standing. Once she's up, she can't figure out how to sit back down. I showed Caroline how to gently help Ellie sit, but that hasn't ended well at all.

Little honey.

Silly honey.

She wasn't too sure about taking her 12 month pictures!


Happy Birthday, Ellie Kate! She love to say "cheese" when the camera is on!

The lady who made Ellie's cake was so sweet and made a cupcake that was corn free. Ellie really, really liked it.

Climbing wears her out.

Ellie doesn't know what to think about her Big Dog (my brother, Steve).

Anyone want to have a tea party?


Meanwhile, in the world of 3 year olds, Caroline is still as silly as ever. She woke up from a nap looking amazing, so I sang "Miss America" as she came down the stairs. She sat down and refused to move until I stopped signing.

No comments:

Post a Comment