.

.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

She's just talkin' to the angels

She's done it.  I've been waiting for this day since the day she was born.  I knew it would happen sooner or later, and I was hoping it was sooner than later. 

She's found her voice!

Oh, how Caroline loves to talk.  She'll talk about the weather, her favorite birds, how she hates her car seat but loves Days of Our Lives, and how she's always ready for her bath.  She's particularly chatty first thing in the morning.  She'll tell us all about her baby dreams and what she wants to do that day. 

It's the sweetest little voice (most of the time) and always a joy to hear.  It's amazing how it'll stop us in our tracks and enchant us for hours on end.  That angelic, heavenly little voice.  My grandmother (Granny) used to say that when babies talk, they're talking to the angels.  Well, I hope they are listening because Caroline has a lot to say!



Feel free to hit "replay" and watch it again.  You know you want to.  ;)

Here are some other recent highlights:

Caroline loves to lick on pieces of fruit!  I know, I know...bad mommy.  Don't worry.  She's still nursing like a champ.  Look at the child's thighs - you think she's missed a meal in her 3 months of life?  I assure you she has not.



Luc's mom and brother came in town for a quick visit.  Ms. Diane and Patrick had a great time!  Caroline behaved herself and made a new friend, Uncle Patrick.  (I made a killer chicken casserole.  Try it.  Leave out the black olives, unless black olives are your thing.)


I finally installed her jumper!  She loves it!  Granted, she can only hold up her head for about 5 minutes before she starts head banging the front bar...


I finally let her wear a bow.  She thought she was hot stuff.



 I've managed to increase her daytime naps from 15 minutes to 45.  Thank you, My Little Lamb swing.  You're a sanity saver!



She finally fits into her Baby Bjorn!  Remember when she was too small for it?

Before:


After!

She's still squeezing into this cute outfit -


She's sleeping through the night!  All it took was for me to give up caffeine, dairy and spicy food.  I'm still telling myself the extra hours of sleep are worth it.  Here she is after 11 hours of sleep:


This is probably one of my favorite pictures of her.  Background info - it was 8:00 at night, which is her bedtime, so she was angry to begin with.  I thought it would be fun to put her new bikini on her, just for kicks...stay at home moms need some entertainment from time to time, right?  Well, mommy was wrong.  Caroline didn't think it was fun.  Maybe because I tied the top too tight or maybe because it's a size 2T (I KNOW!), she wasn't happy about it.  Don't worry Caroline, almost all women feel the same way about putting on a swimsuit.



Caroline turns 3 months on Friday.  I can't believe it!  I weighed her today, but I'm waiting until the 3 month mark to share that number...

No comments:

Post a Comment