Caroline hit the 10 month mark about a week ago. The day came and went and I forgot to take her monthly pictures. The next day came and with my good intentions came a nasty, nasty cough. I ignored it because the cough was accompanied with a runny nosy and other signs of teething. Mind you - her top teeth are about to bust through. I gave her some Motrin and we went on our way. We went to the zoo with our cousins, hung out with Grammy and Grampy, and enjoyed some really adorable puppy dogs. The cough was getting worse, as was her general demeanor, so I decided to take her to the doctor on Monday afternoon. I was expecting him (our regular doc was booked) to tell me it's just teething, but the news was much worse. Sweet Caroline has RSV! In lay person's terms, that's short for a really nasty respiratory virus. It's highly contagious and most babies catch it before they turn 2. I'm thinking she caught it at the child center at the gym. Her cough is horrible and she wasn't eating solid foods (until today), but her spirit is still spunky. She has taken advantage of the extra home time by learning how to pull up on the furniture. I have to keep her away from other kids until Friday, so I'm sure she'll be well on her way to walking by the time we're done with our quarantine.
Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks:
 |
| Big girl drinking through a straw! She saw her friends doing it and decided sippy cups are too babyish for her. |
 |
| This is her bottle drinking position. Very lady like! She has also decided that because she's 10 months old and a big girl, she no longer wants to nurse. Broke my heart! |
 |
| Dressed up for Grampy's retirement luncheon. |
 |
| She was giving me The Business about something. She gave this look to everyone at HEB today who looked in her general direction. |
 |
| She loves her friend Maddie's Mini Cooper! |
 |
| Happy Valentine's Day! Grammy made that onesie for Caroline on her new embroidery machine. |
 |
| Being silly with DaDa. DaDa is her first real word. She calls for him when she doesn't want to take a nap. She even crawls towards the back door when she hears his truck doors slam! |
 |
| She loves puppies and her Aunt JuJu! |
 |
| Her newest boyfriend, Landon. Isn't he handsome?? |
 |
| This spring weather is beautiful! Caroline enjoys her swing and Grammy's house. |
 |
| She loved the fish at the Zoo! |
 |
| Playing in the new African exhibit at the Houston Zoo. It's a must see! |
 |
| She loves the carousel! |
 |
| Two silly cousins! |
 |
| Awww...she loves her Backe. |
 |
| This is how I knew she was sick - she never wants to just lie down and chill. |
 |
| Uh oh! Trouble ahead! |
 |
| Her first real food in a week - Chick fil A. |
 |
| Stuck piggy! |
I promise I'll get to the pics tomorrow. She's feeling much better so I'm thinking she'll cooperate for at least 5 minutes.
I hope everyone has a great week!
Ten months was when Reese was over the breastfeeding as well. She just didn't care for it anymore. It stinks but it is slightly freeing at the same time. Hope she's getting better. Can't blame the girl for eating Chicfila for her first meal. Start a Stroller Strides, she'll never get RSV!
ReplyDelete