.

.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bluebonnets and Boo Hoos

Texas is famous for its spring time Bluebonnets, especially in the piney East and central Hill Country parts of the state.  They usually bloom around April but the recent rain and warm temperatures tempted the flowers into blooming early.  It's a tradition for families to take pictures in the bluebonnets, especially families with young children.  On any given Spring weekend, you normally see lots of kiddies in their Sunday best sitting in the bluebonnet patches along Highway 105 or 290.  That's a long drive for us and I wasn't sure I wanted to try the trip with Caroline. 

Thanks to the modern day rumor mill that is Facebook, I heard about some bluebonnets right here in Kingwood.  I packed Caroline up and we headed to Mom and Dad's house for a photography adventure.  Mind you, the radar indicated rain was about an hour away, but I knew the rest of our week was busy and wouldn't allow for photo time.  Mom, Dad and I walked to where I thought the bluebonnets were, only to be disappointed and a little let down.  Mom was determined to find them, so we piled in the Tahoe and headed to the correct spot - again, thanks to Facebook for the correct location! 

As you can see in the photos below, Caroline was less than thrilled to be sitting in a field of pretty flowers.  I think it was a combination of the high winds, the rain sprinkles and her protruding top teeth that had in her sad spirits.  She only last for about 10 minutes.  I'm sure we'll go back next week and try to get some better shots of her in these Texas landmarks!

Caroline wasn't sure what to think about the Bluebonnets.

I put "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" on my phone and she was watching it.  Thanks to my Mom for holding the phone!

Add caption

"Dada! Come get me! These ladies are crazy!"

Poor baby!  She was so mad.  We took her home after getting this picture.  She was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment