In a word, eleven months is FUN! Caroline is such a joy to be around that I actually look forward to the moment she wakes up. She's playful, cheery, full of laughs and just so stinkin' cute. I can't stand it!
We've had a busy couple of weeks since our last check in. We went to the zoo (along with the rest of Houston), went to some birthday parties, played at Grammy and Backe's and rolled around in the back yard for the first time. She loves grass! She loves it so much that she often tries to eat it. I figure she'll learn one of these days that it doesn't taste good...until that day, I'll just keep scooping it out of her mouth. We're about to invest in some outside play toys because it is just too pretty outside to stay indoors. Poor Luc is scared about his beautiful grass dying as the toys accumulate. Sorry, babe... :)
At eleven months, Caroline Jane is:
- pulling up to standing on furniture, toys, and me. She's usually attached to my leg if we're in the kitchen.
- pulling everything out of drawers, cabinets, and diaper bags. I wish she'd learn to put everything back IN the bag...
- Crawling on her hands and knees, although she chooses not to. She's much quicker at the army crawl.
- Yelling at the birds and squirrels in the bird feeder. The entire neighborhood hears her. It's kind of embarrassing and adorable at the same time. I'll post a video of this soon. You can actually hear our neighbor from 2 houses down telling her hello. That's how loud she is!
- Almost done with baby food. She loves table food. The only food she won't eat is the delicious strawberry! I think they are too tart for her. Her great-grandpa would not approve! She does, however, LOVE watermelon. We go through a watermelon in about 2 days. I think watermelon and spaghetti are her favorite foods. I only feed her baby food if she's playing during meal time and I need to make sure she gets something in her system.
- She has 3 teeth and is on the verge of adding the 4th. In fact, I think the 4th one will be out by the time she wakes up in the morning. Fingers crossed she'll sleep through it.
Here are some pictures from her 11 month session:
| I love this picture. She's such a mess! |
| This is my favorite! Her face is priceless! |
| I know it doesn't look like it, but her thighs are shrinking. It makes me sad. |
| This is what my child does when you tell her no. |
No comments:
Post a Comment