It's a good thing I bought her so many pairs of cute shoes. She's walking! Caroline is finally walking on her own! Yahoo! She took her first "steps" on the same night that Lucas and I went out to celebrate our anniversary. We dropped her off at Mom's house and 15 minutes later we got a video text with a short clip of Caroline walking to her MayMay (my sister, Meghan). It only took her 14 months to get there, but she's finally walking.
Here's a little video of Caroline walking down the street with Luc:
Isn't she the cutest?!? In addition to all of the great things that come with her new method of mobility, the greatest is that she gets to move up in the child center at the gym!!! This is great news for me because it means I don't have to make an appointment to bring her up there. It's great for Caroline because she has access to more toys and her good friend, Taylor, is in there. It's a win-win for everyone! My most favorite thing about her walking is when she comes up and hugs my legs. It's so sweet.
As mentioned earlier, Luc and I just celebrated 4 years of wedded bliss! We went to a nice steakhouse to celebrate and even slept in the next day, thanks to Mom and Dad. It was a great gift! We also got a great Edible Arrangement from Ms. Diane and Luc's brothers. It was the perfect gift because the 4th anniversary gift theme is "flowers and fruit"...good match!
I'll celebrate my 32nd birthday next week. Thirty two doesn't seem very glamorous or big, so I don't think we're going to do anything too big. Maybe I'll get to sleep in again...we'll see!
Here are some pictures of the latest shenanigans around the Smith House:
 |
| Trying on Daddy's boots. This didn't go as planned. It was much cuter in my mind. |
 |
| She loved Jacob's goggles. She knew exactly what to do with them. Swimming is in her blood! She loves jumping off the side into the pool. |
 |
| Playing in the backyard. Naked. Silly baby! |
 |
| Rough day of playing = great nap! Snuggled up with her GiGi. |
 |
| Helping mommy water the concrete. So sweet! By the way, those leggings protect her knees and feet when she crawls around on the concrete. |
 |
| Sweet anniversary gift from Ms Diane and the boys! |
 |
| The tantrums have started. So have Time Outs! |
 |
| Funny story about these shorts. She saw them in Target and grabbed them from the rack. She WOULD NOT let them go, not even for the lady to scan them at checkout. She was tugging her shorts of as I unloaded the bags from the car! |
 |
| I put them on her when I finished putting the Target goodies away. She loves them. I think she loves the bow! She also loved this sweet card from Grandma Jane and Grandpa Norm! |
 |
| Speaking of love...this little honey loves ice cream! |
 |
| My sister's house has trees! Won't be long now until we're neighbors. |
 |
| Always has on "purses". |
 |
| Taking a break from walking. |
 |
| Blowing kisses to the firefighters at the July 4th parade. |
 |
| Parade time with Alyssa and Tyler! |
 |
| Playing on a hot day. That was my dress when I was her age. |
 |
| Relaxing with her new purse, which came with that pink bracelet. |
 |
| I made those bow holders! I might need another one...she has so many bows! |
 |
| Someone fell asleep eating... |
No comments:
Post a Comment