.

.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Better EIGHT than never!

Happy eight months, Caroline!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I can't believe I have an EIGHT month old!  That means it's almost time to start planning her first birthday party.  Who am I kidding - I've already started planning it.  Thank you, Pinterest, for having such a great ideas so readily available. 

Eight months has brought so many smiles to our little family.  She's growing into a little girl and out of her baby stage.  It's so fun to see how much she's learning and developing a personality.  She's sassy beyond belief, but such a sweetheart at the same time.  She loves a captive audience - even if it's just me - and can entertain an entire room if she wants to.  And trust me, she wants to. 

Her new favorite thing to do is to shake her head "No" when you ask her a question.  Here's a video of her new bad habit:


(I have tons of videos to post, but I'll have to do it another night because some of them need to be trimmed.)

At eight months, Caroline is:

- Rolling around like a butterball turkey.  She uses rolling as her mode of transportation.  She's not crawling yet, but she's getting there.  She really likes the wood floor and it is too slick for her to get traction on. 
- Eating table food like a champ!  She's got a slight allergy to berries and dairy, but other than that, she loves anything you put in front of her. 
- Talking up a storm, especially Dada and Baba.  Those are her current favorite syllables.  I'm hoping she learns her Ms soon!
- Sitting up like a big girl in her new car seat.  She LOVES her new car seat and finally enjoys our car rides.  She has a mirror (of course) that she stares into while we ride.  She keeps herself entertained and usually falls asleep if our rides are longer than 10 minutes.  That is a complete 180 from a few months ago.
- Drinking (soy) formula like it's going out of style.  This is especially nice for me because I can leave her for more than 3 hours at a time.  Mom and Dad had the pleasure of babysitting her for 8 hours on Wednesday while I got my hair done and visited Tammy and her new precious baby boy!
- Giving things and people "the business".  She gets frustrated with toys and people and straightens her body and sours her face.  It looks a little something like this, only much worse!



She's weighing in at almost 24 pounds and wears 12-18 mo clothing...she better slow down or her spring clothes aren't going to fit!

Here are some pictures from this afternoon:


Make yourself comfortable, Caroline.



This was the beginning of her attempted flip out of the chair.


I love her fat baby thighs!

"Caroline, act like a puppy!"

Add caption



Giving me The Business!


Mommy's heart!
I'll post the new videos as soon as I can!  I hope everyone has a great New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment